Think Thank Thunk

The glory of God is man fully alive.                 St. Irenaeus

Name:
Location: Aztec, New Mexico, United States

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Grace Works

Our small group is going through a book called "True Faced" (I.E. No Masks). The chapter we went through tonight was called Grace Works. The starting point for grace is humility. The following sequence summarizes the concept.

Humility requires trust. It is her core feature, that I can trust God to teach, direct and protect me and that he has put others in my life to do the same.

• Humility attracts grace
I.E. (When those around me understand that I know I’m not perfect and don’t expect to arrive soon, it frees them to act in grace toward me, they don’t have the same need to protect themselves and are free to love me.)
• Grace changes our life focus
I.E. (Grace is based on my value by God’s definition and statement and not based on my performance. He says we are loved and valued now and before we accepted his provision. I can affirm and love my friends without requiring good performance first and trust that God is doing his work in them and while I may be able to help, it is primarily God’s responsibility and not mine.)
• Grace lets God handle sin
I.E. (God can change us, we will have few results from trying to perform to God’s standards, even when we have good Intentions.)
• Grace melts masks
I.E. (We wear masks because we are afraid of what others will think and fear that if they really knew us, they would reject us. When I am loved and affirmed simply because I am, I can safely discard my masks.)
• Grace changes how we treat each other and our sin issues.
I.E. (When humility is the norm and grace is the environment, I am safe.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home